The fifth PANSA Festival of Reading of New Writing with the generous support of the National Lottery Distribution Trust Fund (NLDTF) is well under way with 43 script entries currently in the adjudication process.
The regional Festivals will be held during May/June at the following venues:
Cape Town: Magnet Theatre, 18-19 May 2012, Comedy Genre
Johannesburg: University of Johannesburg, 27-28 May 2012, 1/2 Handers Genre
Durban: Catalina Theatre, 1-3 June 2012, Drama Genre
We are inviting all actors, directors and technical personnel who would like to be considered by the successful writers to work on the play readings, to send an updated CV to the email addresses listed below by Wednesday 25 April 2012.
Participants must be available for at least 10 days prior to the festival in the region for which they are submitting. These submissions will go on a list to be considered by the writers in these regions and the successful submissions contacted directly by the writers.
The basic criteria for participation are:
· All Participants should be PANSA paid-up members
· Participants will receive a fee for their participation
· Participants need to be available for at least 10 days prior to the Festival in the region
· Participants submitting for the actors and directors category need to be available to travel to Durban for June 3, 2012 in the event that the script in which they are participating be a winner in the regional finals.
· Writers will consider this list as well as other agency options in casting their play readings.
An important component of the Festival of Reading of New Writing will be the discussions to follow the reading of each work. We encourage all participants to attend this constructive feedback, and the debate around theatre aesthetics, functions and forms.
The festivals have been a resounding success in previous years towards generating new South African scripts and we look forward once again to exciting festivals and the final recipient of the Grand Prize of R30 000.
Submissions must be sent, by WEDNESDAY APRIL 25, 2012, to
Cape Town: firstname.lastname@example.org
All further enquiries to 021 448 3513 or