Gateway will be packed full of Events this December
(Source - Gateway)
Glenwood Community Forum Christmas Carols in the Park & Glenwood Night Market:
Bulwer Park, Glenwood: Sat 30 Nov from 5pm
A bumper evening of outdoor festive activity is scheduled for Bulwer Park on Saturday 30 November: a Night Market and a Christmas Pageant.
There will be an original Christmas Pageant, starting at 7pm called Sipho’s Christmas Gift. It is a quaint South African Christmas parable interwoven with a programme of beautifully- chosen carols sung by candlelight.
People are asked to bring picnic blankets and enjoy the show and carols. Supper is available before and after the pageant – the usual Bulwer Market has a special one-off night market which offers outdoor picnic style supper including tasty Lebanese flatbread and curry. There will be an array of stalls offering gift ideas, décor items, arts and crafts on sale.
Info Tracey on 0766 760 760
(Source - Publicity Matters)
Pansa needs your help with a coffee table book
The PANSA coffee table book of South African dance is nearing completion, so we are making a last call for contributions of both text and photos. Your voluntary contributions to the book will be much appreciated, and acknowledged in the book. Content we are looking for includes, but is not limited to:
- written contributions, in the form of history of dance organisations, anecdotes of leading personalities, brief biographies of important and ground-breaking dance practitioners
- high-resolution digital images of dancers, choreographers, or dance productions
- insights into the history of contemporary dance in SA, important milestones and personalities, or any other content that you think might be relevant.
All contributions to the book will be treated with the care and attention they deserve. While we cannot guarantee that every photograph or line of text will be included, all contributions used in the book will be acknowledged.
Important legal stuff
By sending the images and/or text to us for inclusion in the book, you warrant that:
1. You are the owner of the complete copyright and all other rights in the material submitted.
2. The content submitted does not infringe any existing copyright or any licence or any other right of any person, organisation or company.
3. The material submitted does not contain plagiarised, obscene or objectionable material or anything of a libellous or scandalous character.
If the content submitted does not belong to you, or is subject to copyright by some other body, you provide full details of such person or organisation to enable us to contact them for permission to use the content.
Final date for last contributions is 31/12/2013.
A HUGE thank you to all those people who have already sent us photos and biographies. The fact that we have already heard from you does not preclude you from sending more photos, or from referring us to other dancers/choreographers or photographers, or referring them to us. The more inclusive we can make the book, while staying within the bounds of contemporary dance, the better.
One last thing that we ask. If any of you have any suggestions of who you think should be asked to write a foreword/introduction, we would like to hear from you. Please include contact details for the person you suggest, and a short motivation as to why you think they should be the person to do it. While we have our own ideas on this (but no consensus as yet) we will consider any suggestions you have. And your suggestion might sway the team one way or the other!
Please email contributions to
(Source - Pansa)
Jobs around South Africa
NativeVML is looking for a Senior Social Media Manager - http://www.nativevml.com/job-detail/social-media-manager-3
Conversation Lab is hiring - ask them about their latest positions: you can find them on Twitter - @ConversationLab